[R] kate editor for R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 19 14:35:45 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 07:12 -0600, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:

<snip>

>  Scrolling of the R output
> window is a little more logical in kate than in ESS.  I find myself
> having to type Esc-shift-> often in ESS/Emacs to get to the bottom of
> the R output but kate puts the cursor at the bottom.

<snip>

Frank,

On the last point about getting the R output to scroll to the bottom,
put the following in your ~/.emacs file in the "custom-set-variables"
section:

 '(comint-move-point-for-output (quote others))

That will cause the R buffer to scroll to the bottom of the output,
while leaving other buffers unaltered.

HTH,

Marc