[R] lnme convergence

Thomas BRUNEL Thomas.Brunel at ifremer.fr
Mon Jan 22 18:08:17 CET 2007

Dear R-user,

I am trying to use the R "nlme" function to fit a non linear mixed
effects model. The method has some problem to reach the convergence.

I am trying to understand causes of the problem by following step by
step evolution of the iterative algorithm (verbose=TRUE command).

However, I don't understand the meaning of some information given while
the algorithm is running, especialy the last part referring to convergence :

Convergence:
      fixed   reStruct
0.01168598 0.82634050

Futhermore, is the tolerance criteria (nlmeControl) related to any of
the these two values?

Thank you for any help

Thomas