[R] Easy to install GNU Emacs for Windows

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Jan 24 18:03:23 CET 2007

[Sorry for cross-posting in an attempt to reach as many interested parties as
possible.]

Users (present or future) of GNU Emacs and ESS on Windows might be interested
in my distribution of an easy to install (read: with an installation wizard)
version of GNU Emacs 21.3 with the following additions:

* ESS 5.3.3 configured to work with the latest stable release of R;
* AUCTeX 11.84;
* Aspell 0.50.3;
* English and French dictionaries for Aspell;
* w32-winprint.el, to ease printing under Windows;
* htmlize.el, to print in color with w32-winprint.el;
* site-start.el, a site wide configuration file to make everything work.

For details:

	http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/emacs/

The plan is to keep my distribution current with R releases.

The installation wizard is not all that smart for now, but I'll try to improve
it in the future. For example, it creates a HOME environment variable (if it
doesn't already exist), but doesn't ask for a value. %USERPROFILE% is used as
default value.

Comments, criticisms and translation of messages appreciated!

[Disclaimer: I am not a WIndows user myself. I created this distribution to
ease adoption of Emacs by my students.]

--
  Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
  École d'actuariat