[R] how to write randomforest in r

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Wed Jan 24 18:21:55 CET 2007

myat wai <wmyonwesit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Sir,
> I want to know how to do for getting the results.
> 1. data set is not in r.
> how to use my data set in r.
> 2. using randomForest function to build tree with my data set
> how to write for it
> 3. using this random forest how to predict the new data
> Please reply me.I want to bulid random forest in r and predict the new
> data. My data set is in the attachment file.Like my attachment file,I
> want to get the results in R  as the output.
> Please help me.
> Your Sincerely,
> Myat

  I'm afraid your question is far too vague.
At the very least you need to (1) indicate what format your data
are in (there are very many "non-R" data formats!) and (2) indicate
that you have actually read the documentation for the randomForest function
(and the predict.randomForest function, which would probably help
you predict new data!), as well as the Introduction to R.  Then
you can tell us where you got stuck, which will both make it easier
for us to help you and perhaps help the authors improve the
documentation.
  (Your attachment appears to have gotten lost somewhere along
the way.)
  If this is too much for you, you will need to find someone
(preferably someone at your own institution) who can help you
get started with R basics.
  Reading the posting guide wouldn't hurt either.

  good luck,
    Ben Bolker