[R] Cronbach's alpha

Lucke, Joseph F Joseph.F.Lucke at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 24 23:25:50 CET 2007

Continuing off topic:

1. The range of alpha -infinity < alpha < 1.
2. Alpha is NOT reliability
3. There are trivial examples of alpha < 1 with reliability approaching
1.
4. There are trivial examples of alpha = 0 with reliability approaching
1.
5. Alpha cannot assess dimensionality.

Lucke, Joseph F. The $\alpha$ and the $\omega$ of congeneric test
theory: An extension of reliability and internal consistency to
heterogeneous tests. Applied Psychological Measurement, 2005}
29(1),65--81}.