[R] Help running RSPerl in Mod Perl

Shola Richards sr5 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 17:16:32 CET 2007

I am trying to get RSPerl to run within a web tool - I have managed to
get it to work on my cgi site, however, it seems to stop everything when
I try to run the same code in mod perl.  The cgi and mod-perl versions
both run on the same web blades therefore utilising the same environments.
However, if I consistently refresh the page in mod-perl, the following
error appears:   "Fatal error: R home directory is not defined" .  I
have tried to set the R HOME environment within the perl module itself
but this didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would occur and if there is any way
to resolve this?

Many Thanks in advance,
Shola