[R] CGIwithR and visible output of 'invisible(capture.output(library(...)))'

Leo Gürtler leog at anicca-vijja.de
Fri Jan 26 02:51:53 CET 2007

Dear alltogether,

I want to use CGIwithR in conjunction with R2HTML.

A small example called 'test.R':

#####

#! /usr/bin/R
invisible(capture.output(library(R2HTML)))
HTML(summary(as.numeric(scanText(formData$numbers))), file=stdout())

#####

The script gets its input via 'CGIwithR.cgi' and contains the variable
"numbers."

The 'HTML' output (-> summary() in this example) goes well, but the
page.

As I took the example from the original CGIwithR examples and I also
read the manpages of invisible() and capture.output(), I do not find a
logical reason why this still happens.

Deleting the line with "invisible ... library().." and adding
'library(R2HTML)' to .Rprofile does not solve the problem.

I use ubuntu edgy, R Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

THANKS!

best wishes,

leo

PS: the output is (uncut)

<---->
MiniUnz 1.01b, demo of zLib + Unz package written by Gilles Vollant more
info at http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/unzip.html
/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/R2HTML/output/R2HTMLstuff.zip opened
extracting: ASCIIMathML.js extracting: factor.gif extracting:
gridR2HTML.css extracting: gridR2HTML.js extracting: numeric.gif
extracting: Pastel.css extracting: R2HTML.css extracting: R2HTMLlogo.gif
creating directory: runtime/ creating directory: runtime/lib/
extracting: runtime/lib/grid.js extracting: runtime/readme.txt creating
directory: runtime/styles/ creating directory: runtime/styles/classic/
extracting: runtime/styles/classic/gecko.xml extracting:
runtime/styles/classic/grid.css extracting:
runtime/styles/classic/grid.png extracting:
runtime/styles/classic/icons.png extracting:
runtime/styles/classic/loading.gif creating directory:
runtime/styles/flat/ extracting: runtime/styles/flat/gecko.xml
extracting: runtime/styles/flat/grid.css extracting:
runtime/styles/flat/grid.png extracting: runtime/styles/flat/icons.png
extracting: runtime/styles/flat/loading.gif creating directory:
runtime/styles/xp/ extracting: runtime/styles/xp/gecko.xml extracting:
runtime/styles/xp/grid.css extracting: runtime/styles/xp/grid.png
extracting: runtime/styles/xp/icons.png extracting:
runtime/styles/xp/loading.gif extracting: SciViews.css extracting:
tablesort.htc
</---->