[R] how to explore contents of R data file from command line?

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:51:17 CET 2007

Thank you, I have used this way already.
I would like to avoid copying files, as I have asked before.

I have found one more solution in Windows.

Just typing inflow.RData (the file name) in command line and pressing enter
runs Rgui, and it loads the file.
Then ls() and str() will give the insight of the file contents.
When exiting from R, one needs to say "No" to the R's question about saving
workspace image, as answering "Yes" deletes older .RData (default workspace
image).