[R] R for SAS & SPSS Users Document

Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) muenchen at utk.edu
Mon Jan 29 23:10:23 CET 2007

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce the availability of the document, "R for SAS
and SPSS Users", at
http://oit.utk.edu/scc/RforSAS&SPSSusers.doc .  It presents an
introductory view of R for people who already know SAS and/or SPSS.
Included are 27 programs written in all three languages (i.e. 81 total)
so that people can see how R works compared to the other two, task by
task.

I would appreciate it if folks with far more R expertise than I have
could review it and provide advice on ways to improve programming
examples or wording. The wording was challenging since the jargon used
by the three packages differs so much. I'm sure there is much room for
improvement.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
Statistical Consulting Center
U of TN Office of Information Technology
200 Stokely Management Center, Knoxville, TN 37996-0520
Voice: (865) 974-5230
FAX: (865) 974-4810
Email: muenchen at utk.edu
Web: http://oit.utk.edu/scc,