[R] Adding Scale to image

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:39:04 CET 2007

Dr. med. Peter Robinson wrote:

> I have used the image() function to show a heat plot of a matrix of data
> whose intensity  is color-coded. I have two questions that I have not
> been able to solve by using the help system or google.
>
> 1) How can one add a scale/legend that shows what numerical values a
> given color corresponds to?

by plotting one more sequence of points
For example

layout(matrix(c(1,2)),heights=c(0.9,0.1))
image( blah blah blah )
plot.new()
plot.window(xlim=c(0,100),ylim=c(0,1))
points(x=0:100,y=rep(1,101),col=heat.colors(101),pch=15,cex=2)

Dr. med. Peter Robinson wrote:

> 2) How can one "flip" the rows (i.e., change the order of the rows in
> the image plot)?

By flipping the source matrix, displayed with "image"

image(matrix.result[nrow(matrix.result):1,])