[R] working with R graphics remotely

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:52:16 CEST 2007

On your Windows machine you need to run (1) an X server and (2) an ssh client.
Xming and putty, respectively, are among the free ones.

First start Xming (you can configure it using XLaunch, which is included with
Xming, or you can run Xming from the Windows command line specifying the
configuration parameters via command line flags).  Then run
putty.   Be sure you have X11 forwarding enabled in putty's
  Connection | SSH | Tunnel
screen.  Googling will locate much info for these programs.