[R] MatchIt package on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

Daniel Nordlund res90sx5 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 08:47:54 CEST 2007

UseRs,

I tried to install the MatchIt package on Ubuntu 7.04.   When loading required dependencies I got the following error message:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/optmatch/libs/optmatch.so':
  /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/optmatch/libs/optmatch.so: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot allocate memory
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'optmatch'

optmatch.so appears to be where R is looking for it so I don't know what has gone wrong.   Have I missed something in the installation process, or is this a known Ubuntu problem, or a licensing issue?  Should I direct this question to the maintainer?

I have installed MatchIt along with optmatch on a WinXP Pro system without any problem.   Any assistance/suggestions are welcome.  I running R-2.5.1 and downloading packages from the CRAN mirror at FHCRC in Seattle, WA, USA.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA