[R] Plotting very skewed data in barplot

Dr. med. Peter Robinson peter.robinson at charite.de
Tue Jul 3 11:20:45 CEST 2007

Dear R'ers,

I would like to use barplot or a similar function to plot data
demonstrating the distribution of the length of a kind of conservation in
about 25000 DNA sequences. My data look like this:

#Total sequences: 23873
0	19936
1	218
2	391
3	477
4	360
5	431
6	294
7	215
8	320
9	209
10	160
 (.....)
99	0
100	1
101	0
102	0
103	1
104	0
105	0
106	0
107	0
108	0
109	1

Therefore, I would like to show the column representing 0 (with 19936
sequences) "cut" so it doesn't dominate the rest of the plot. Also,
starting from about 10 sequences, I would like to group the rest of the
sequences into groups of 5 each (for instance, 10-15, 16-20, 21-25 etc).

I have looked extensively in the help pages and in some online fora, but
have not found an answer to this question. I would greatly appreciate any
tips. Thanks, Peter