[R] Calling C Code from R

Gabor Csardi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Wed Jul 4 13:48:12 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 04:39:18AM -0700, Deb Midya wrote:
> Hi R Users,
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>   I am using R-2.5.1 on Windows XP.
>
>   I am trying to call C code (testCX1.C) from R. testCX1.c calls another C code (funcC1.c) and returning a value to testCX1.c. I like to have this value in R.
>
>   My steps are below:
>
>   1. R CMD SHLIB testCX1.c funcC1.c (at command propmt)
>
>   2. It creates testCX1.dll with warning (but testCX1.dll works):
>
>   testCX1.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function 'func'
>
>   How to get rid off this error ?

By adding the prototype of 'func' to testCX1.c:

SEXP func(SEXP a);

Probably it is simplest to collect all prototypes in a single header file
and include that from all .c files.

>   What is the best way to call funcC1.c from testCX1.c?

See .C and .Call and in particular the 'Writing R Extensions' manual,
5 System and foreign language interfaces.

Gabor

[...]

--
Csardi Gabor <csardi at rmki.kfki.hu>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK