[R] sink() and source()

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 5 21:31:04 CEST 2007

On 7/5/2007 11:35 AM, elyakhlifi mustapha wrote:
 > hello,
 > I have  a problem running a R script actually I'm using source() and
sink() and it doesn't work

 > source("T:/agents/melyakhlifi/R/essai_rep.r")
 >
 > to execute a file and the file contain
 >
 > sink("T:/agents/melyakhlifi/R/sortie.html")
 > matrix.merge2
 > sink()
 >

 > I don't understand why when I execute just the syntax with sink() it
work but in using source() it doesn't work
 > thanks

You don't say what is going wrong, but I suspect your problem is that
you're not printing matrix.merge2.  Listing a variable name on a line by
itself only causes it to be printed when you're typing at the console,
not when it's a line in a function or a line sourced from a file.  You
need to call print() explicitly in those cases.

Duncan Murdoch