[R] loading package in LINUX

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 6 22:41:31 CEST 2007

On 07/06/07 14:13, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:34:27 +0530 "Regina Verghis"
> <regina.verghis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am comfortable with windows based R. But recently I had shifted to
> > LINUX(Red Hat Linux Enterprise Guide 4)
> > 1) I want to load J K Lindsey's repeated library in R. How to install
> > the packge?
>
> Hi,
>
> Use install.packages() which is the command line interface to what that
> Windows gui does....

I don't think this will work for Lindsey's packages, as they are not
on CRAN.  You have to get them from his web page, e.g.:
wget http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode/repeated.tgz

Then something like
R CMD INSTALL repeated.tgz
after you become root.

But I'm pretty sure that this package depends on others.  See
http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron