[R] No convergence using ADAPT

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Mon Jul 9 17:27:06 CEST 2007

Since the covariance is zero (i.e. you have independent normals), you can
simplify your problem so that you just need to perform one-dimensional
integration.  Here is how you can do it:

trial2 <- function(input) {
#pmvnorm(lower = c(0,0), upper = c(10, 10), mean = input, sigma =
matrix(c(.01, 0, 0, .01), nrow = 2, ncol = 2, byrow = FALSE))
pnorm(q=10, mean = input, sd = sqrt(.01)) - pnorm(q=0, mean = input, sd =
sqrt(.01))
}

bottomB <- -5*sqrt(.01)
topB <- 10 + 5*sqrt(.01)
areaB <- (topB - bottomB)^2

new.ans <- 1/areaB * (integrate(f=trial2, lo = bottomB, up = topB)$val)^2
> new.ans
[1] 0.8264463

Hope this is helpful,
Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu