[R] CDF for pareto distribution

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 11 15:48:35 CEST 2007

Le 07-07-11 à 07:56, livia a écrit :

> Hi, I would like to use the following codes to plot the CDF for pareto
> distribution. Before doing this, I have plot the emperical one.
>
> x <- seq(1.6, 3, 0.1)
> lines(x,pgpd(x, 1.544,0.4477557,), col="red")
>
> Could anyone give me some advice whether the above codes are correct?
>
> Many thanks.

livia,

You seem to be struggling with the Pareto distribution... The above
code seems correct, but you do not say where you took the pdpd()
function from. This makes it harder for us to help you.

In you other message (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2007-July/
136137.html) you quote a negative scale parameter. The Pareto I know
has strictly positive shape and scale parameters.

Perhaps can you retry with functions ppareto() or pgenpareto() of
package actuar.

---
   Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
   École d'actuariat