[R] Power calculation for the time series experiment

A Ezhil ezhil02 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:14:34 CEST 2007

Hi All,

We are planning to run an experiment, where samples
will be taken at different time points (say, 0, 4, 8,
16, 24). If I am interested in the effect size of 1.5
for a reasonably large samples (say 500), what will be
the power? Is it a good idea to use F-test (one-way
ANOVA) as my test statistics?  How can we include
correlation structure among samples in the power
analysis, if I use one-way ANOVA design?

I am aware of power.anova.test() in R that will help
me to do power calculation for one-way ANOVA.  It will
be of great help if you send me some related articles
or pointers to some useful resources.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ezhil