[R] CDF for pareto distribution

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 11 16:46:10 CEST 2007

Le 07-07-11 à 10:01, livia a écrit :

> Hi, thank you very much for your reply. The function pgpd() is from
> the
> package POT, and the 1.544 is the location parameter, 0.4477557 is
> the scale
> parameter and -0.50113 is the shape parameter, which can be both
> negtive or
> positive.

The documentation of POT states that the scale parameter must be
positive. You seem right about the shape parameter, though; POT uses
a different parametrization from the one I'm used to.

The problem with

 > x <- seq(1.6, 3, 0.1)
 > lines(x,pgpd(x, 1.544,0.4477557,-0.50113), col="red")

is that lines() must be used to add to an already existing graphic.
For a new plot, use

 > x <- seq(1.6, 3, 0.1)
 > plot(x,pgpd(x, 1.544,0.4477557,-0.50113), col="red")

which works just fine here.

We cannot help you more if you do not give a *reproducible* example
of what is going wrong.

If you have issues with the pgpd() function, you should contact the
maintainer of package POT, as the Posting Guide asks.

HTH