[R] error problem with glht

Peter Furey furey at cires.colorado.edu
Thu Jul 12 19:06:41 CEST 2007

Can anyone help me?
I'm having problems with the following code where I want to test the null
hypothesis that regression slopes are the same among regressions. Here's the
code I've written with comments that include the final error I get. ...

initial.dir <- getwd()
library(systemfit)
library(multcomp)

basdata <- read.table("data_into7_test.txt", header=TRUE,sep="")

#show basdata
basdata

#output from above looks like this ...
#     basin Order       lnLcl      lnArea
#1    SFK     6  3.46322000  5.19766000
#2    SFK     6  3.51767000  5.11809000
#3    SFK     6  3.79962000  5.79118000
#4    SFK     6  2.90242000  4.09768000
#5    SFK     4  1.92408000  2.31617000
# ....
#21   NFK     6  3.88342000  5.50927000
#22   NFK     6  3.84522000  5.13474000
#23   NFK     6  3.49130000  5.28586000
# ....

#linear model fit and analysis of variance
fit_area_1 <- lm(lnArea~Order*basin,data=basdata)
anova_area_1 <- anova(fit_area_1)

#get coefficients, covariance matrix, terms
coef(fit_area_1)
vcov(fit_area_1)
terms(fit_area_1)

#perform multiple comparisons to test null hypothesis that
#linear model fits are the same among basins
fit1_mc <- glht(anova_area_1,linfct=mcp(basin="Tukey"))

#the line above gives ...
#Error in terms.default(object) : no terms component
#Error in factor_contrasts(model) : no model.matrix method for model found!

I appreciate any help offered.
Cheers,   Pete

------

Peter Furey
Research Scientist
Northwest Research Associates / CORA
3380 Mitchell Lane
Boulder, CO  80301

Also affiliated with:
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
University of Colorado, Boulder