[R] spatstat - Fitting a Strauss model with trend determined by kernel density smoother

Alejandro Veen av7000 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:51:11 CEST 2007

Dear r-help,

I would like to use the 'ppm' function of the 'spatstat' package to
fit a Strauss inhibition model.  I understand that I can specify a
parametric model for the "background" trend, but how would I specify a
trend which is estimated using a Kernel density smoother?

In particular, I would like to use the 'kde' function of the 'ks'
package to estimate the "background" intensity and then use this as
the trend for a Strauss inhibition process.

Thanks already in advance,

Alejandro Veen