[R] Complex surveys, properly computed SEs and non-parametric analyses

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:04:13 CEST 2007

Dear John,

> Can someone direct me to an R function that properly computes standard errors of data obtained from
 > a complex survery design i.e. perform alnalyses similiar to those
that can be performed with SUDAAN,
 > articularly for a non-parametric one-way ANOVA, e.g. signed rank test?

The survey package of Thomas Lumley has very broad functionality for the
analysis of data from complex sampling designs. Please find below the
homepage of the package (which is available on CRAN):

http://faculty.washington.edu/tlumley/survey/

I don't think non-parametric one-way ANOVA is implemented, but
quoting

http://faculty.washington.edu/tlumley/survey/survey-wss.pdf

slide 101:

"Many features of the survey package result from requests from
unsatisfied users.

For new methods the most important information is a reference
that gives sufficient detail for implementation. A data set is nice
but not critical."

HTH,
Tobias

--