[R] Text with differents colors in a plot / Detecting if text exists

"Maja Schröter" maja.schroeter at gmx.de
Sun Jul 15 17:58:44 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I want to write some text in a plot.

That's simple I know. But I want to make use of different colors.

Eg. text(x,y,paste("Sunderland","high")).

Then Sunderland should be black and "high" red.

Has anyone an idea?

By the way. I'm looking for a function or something similar, that can check whether there is text in some regions on the plot.
Because I don't want to overwrite an existing text with a new one.

Thank you so much for your help. I appologize in advance if my question is very stupid but I have really no idea.

Yours,

Maja