[R] trouble compiling Hmisc package

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:50:28 CEST 2007

I came across this on a 64 bit Fedora machine as well.   I deleted the
src directory in the Hmisc source (and its contents) and commented out
this line in the NAMESPACE file in the Hmisc source:
  useDynLib(Hmisc)
which allowed it to build.  It turned out that I was not using any of the
deleted functionality anyways.