[R] Re : Combine R2HTML and Rcmd BATCH?

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:05:14 CEST 2007

> I have an R script that spawns output in the form of an HTML page. This
> is done by the R2HTML package.
>
> Now I want to run the same script using Rcmd BATCH. However, it seems
> that it is not possible to use R2HTML in this case.
>
> My script ends with this error message:
> #########################
> Error in dev.print(png, file = AbsGraphFileName, width = Width, height =
> Height,  :
>
> can only print from screen device
>
> Execution halted
> #########################
>
> I can not find how to work around this problem in the R2HTML manual or
> the help archives.
>
> Has anybody done a similar thing before? Any suggestions?

I'm not entierly sure this is what you want, but you may find the GDD
package useful.

I use it to generate graphs when I run scripts remotely or via batches
and don't have a graphical display.

Neil
--
"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to
them."  - Johann von Neumann

Email - nshephard at gmail.com / n.shephard at sheffield.ac.uk
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/