[R] Graphical Parameters

Julian Burgos jmburgos at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 20 18:19:42 CEST 2007

Hi Amna,

To have more control on the grid of your plot use the grid function.
Remove the tck argument from your plot call and add, as following:

plot(Year,Dir,ylab="Annual Maximum Daily Rainfall
(mm)",cex.lab=1.3,type="o",lab=c(20,20,25),mgp=c(2.5,1,0),asp=1)
grid()

See ?grid to see how to customize the grid lines.

Julian