[R] automatically jpeg output

Ding, Rebecca RDing at ETS.ORG
Fri Jul 20 19:14:51 CEST 2007

Hi R users,

Thanks for the jpeg() function. I do find it. However when I used
par(mfrow=c(6,7)), which can put all my histograms in one page, R gave
me the error message:
Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large. The mfrow=c(6,7)statment
was fine in postscript("AYA_ELA.ps").

Is there a way to solve that problem?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benilton Carvalho [mailto:bcarvalh at jhsph.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:45 AM
To: Ding, Rebecca
Cc: R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [R] automatically jpeg output

jpeg(...) ##if you have X11
bitmap(..., type="jpeg") ##otherwise

On Jul 20, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Ding, Rebecca wrote:

> Dear R users,
>
> I used R to draw many histograms and I would like to automatically
> save them into a jpeg file. I tried the following code since I know
> .ps file could be saved like this way:
>
> postscript("AYA_ELA.jpeg",horizontal=F,onefile=T)
> ......#some funtions inside here
> dev.off()
>
> There was a jpeg file, however, there were no pictures inside. Any
> suggestion?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rebecca

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.