[R] Free Online: Data Mining Intro for Beginners, Vendor-Neutral

Lisa Solomon lisas at salford-systems.com
Fri Jul 20 20:03:27 CEST 2007

Intro to Data Mining for Absolute Beginners (no charge)

This one-hour webinar is a perfect place to start if you are new to data mining and have little-to-no background in statistics or machine learning.

-Dates: July 24, August 9, September 7

-Registration: http://salford.webex.com

-Future Webinars:  Multiple timezones and topics are planned.  Let us know if you would like to be notified as we schedule new webinar dates and topics.

-Abstract:
In the one hour "Intro to Data Mining" webinar, we will discuss:
**Data basics: what kind of data is required for data mining and predictive analytics; In what format must the data be; what steps are necessary to prepare data appropriately
**What kinds of questions can we answer with data mining
**How data mining models work: the inputs, the outputs, and the nature of the predictive mechanism
**Evaluation criteria: how predictive models can be assessed and their value measured
**Specific background knowledge to prepare you to begin a data mining project.

Please circulate to colleagues who might benefit and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Lisa Solomon
lisas at salford-systems.com
Salford Systems, 4740 Murphy Canyon Rd. Ste 200, San Diego, Calif. 92123