[R] using R for a reaction-time experiment

Seth Roberts twoutopias at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:38:02 CEST 2007

I want to use R to run a reaction-time experiment: Something appears on the
screen, I respond by typing something (one keystroke), the system measures
the speed of my response. R would be great for this if only I didn't have to
hit Enter to enter that keystroke. I am doing such experiments now but they
require two actions per trial: hit keystroke, hit Enter.

Is there some way that R can be made to respond to a single keystroke (other
than Enter)?