[R] Obtaining summary of frequencies of value occurrences for a variable in a multivariate dataset.

Allan Kamau kamauallan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 13:00:21 CEST 2007

Hi All,
I am having difficulties finding a way to find a substitute to the command "names(v.val$PR14)" so that I could generate the command on the fly for all PR14 to PR200 (please see the previous discussion below to understand what the object x.val contains) . I have tried the following

>results=()#character()
>myVariableNames=names(x.val)
>results[length(myVariableNames)]<-NA

>for (i in myVariableNames){
+    results[i]<-names(x.val$i)    # this does not work it returns a NULL (how can i convert this to x.val$"somevalue" ? )
>}

Allan.