[R] Tabs in PDF documents

Dennis Fisher fisher at plessthan.com
Mon Jul 30 14:25:44 CEST 2007

Colleagues,

I am using R 2.5.1 on an Intel Mac (OS 10) to create PDF outputs
using pdf(); same problem exists in Linux (RedHat 9)

While adding text to the document with text() and mtext(), I
encounter the following problem:

In order to align the text, I have embedded tabs ("\t") in some of
the text.  Each time I do so, I get the following error messages:
	Warning: font metrics unknown for character 0x9
	Warning: font width unknown for character 0x9
and the tabs are ignored.  I have tied par() with and without
family="mono".

Is there a work-around available for this?

Dennis

COMMANDS:
	pdf("junk.pdf")
	par(family="mono")