[R] Matrix nesting (was Re: Obtaining summary of frequencies of value occurrences for a variable in a multivariate dataset.)

Allan Kamau kamauallan at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 16:22:30 CEST 2007

Success, thanks Patrick. Below is the final matrix construction code.

x=list()
x[length(myVariableNames)]<-NA
names(x)<-names(x.val)
for (i in myVariableNames){
    residues=names(x.val[[i]])
    residuesFrequencies=as.vector(x.val[[i]])
    someList=list()
    names(residuesFrequencies)=residues

    someList<-list(frequency=residuesFrequencies)
    x[i]<-someList
}

#The output

> x[16:18]