[R] R2WinBUGS more updates after model did not converge

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 31 10:16:15 CEST 2007

toby909 at gmail.com wrote:
> After running a model for a while and seeing that it did not converge yet, how
> can I continue to run, ie not starting anew, the model?
>
> I know if I manually/interactively use winbugs, this is possible anytime, but
> how can I do this in r2winbugs, so that my existing sim$sims.array and other
> stuff in the object that bugs() returns gets extended?

This is not possible with R2WinBUGS. But you can use BRugs, which is
much more flexible, has an improved interface and uses OpenBUGS.
It's CRAN version is based on OpenBUGS 2.x.y, but we (i.e. currently
mainly Insightful people and myself) are on the way to release a new
version based on OpenBUGS 3.x.y.

Uwe Ligges