[R] Problem with code

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 31 11:58:32 CEST 2007

Shawndelle Noble wrote:
> Hi I am having the following Warning message with this code:
>
>> Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open file- reason 'No such file or directory' in: file(file, "r")
>
> The files are present on a CD and USB key- I tried opening all the
> files-then running the script but, it makes no difference.

Then you are trying to open non-existing files or your mistyped the
filenames. Simply check the filenames again.

> Basically....
> How do I ensure that R reads my files to perform functions- I have some
> files on CD and other on my a USB key.

By specifying the correct names.

> Also if I am using script that was already written, for new data - how do I
> know which info. in the existing script should be updated?

If the "script" (= function ?) is well written, you just have to give
the filenames as arguments to the functions. If not, you have to look
into the sources and generalize ...

Uwe Ligges