[R] Proxy Under Mac OS X

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 1 09:36:23 CEST 2007

The most 'relevant document' is ?download.file, and there is AFAIK
nothing specific to MacOS X about the code (and I did write it).

You can use

Sys.setenv(http_proxy="http://un:pw@proxy.com:port")

at the start of your R session, or use

http_proxy="http://un:pw@proxy.com:port"

in your ~/.Renviron file (see 'An Introduction to R' and ?Startup).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk