[R] Factor analysis

ronggui ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:27:28 CEST 2007

I wrote some rough functions for principal factor,
principal-components factor, and  iterated principal factor analysis.
I think they are workable, the same results as stata can be retained.

In addition, functions for gls and uls factor analysis is in progress,
which is based on the algorithms of SPSS. I get the same results by
the gls factor analysis, and quite similiar result by the uls factor
analysis.

2007/6/1, Sigbert Klinke <sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de>:
> Hi,
>
> is there any other routine for factor analysis in R then factanal?
> Basically I'am interested in another extraction method then the maximum
> likelihood method and looking for unweighted least squares.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>   Sigbert Klinke

Ronggui Huang
Department of Sociology