[R] Excel calling R functions

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Fri Jun 1 19:49:16 CEST 2007

Horace Tso wrote:

> Is it possible to have Excel call a R function. If not, how about
> making Excel send off a command to call a R script and then read the
> result back into Excel.
>
> I know, I know, this should belong to some Excel forum, but i just
> try my luck here.

You can always put R in loop, checking each second or minute
for the _existence_ of a file. As soon as this file is create,
run an R function, and output a file.

Then, do the same in Excel: write a file (I _think_ this is possible
with macros), enter into a loop waiting for the other file to
be created, and procceed after that.

Slow, but better than to use Excel alone :-)

Alberto Monteiro