[R] Opening Rgui by double-clicking R script

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Fri Jun 1 22:54:46 CEST 2007

Hi, all,

This is for R-2.5.0 on WinXP and in particular RGui.

I'm trying to teach some colleagues of mine R and rather than impose
Xemacs/ESS upon them I decided to simply start by showing them RGui.
When R is installed, R workspaces (.RData) are automatically registered
so that I can double-click on them in Explorer RGui opens with the
correct working directory. However, I cannot figure a way to do the same
for R scripts. In other words, I want to double-click on a .R file in
Explorer, have RGui open, set the working directory to the location of
where the script is saved, and load the script into the script editor.
Is this possible?

Thanks,

--sundar