[R] setClass with a slot of RODBC

David James daj025 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:32:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

A couple of thoughts:

(1) The channel RODBC is an S3 object, thus there's no proper S4 class
associated with it.  From  ?setOldClass:

     Register an old-style (a.k.a. `S3') class as a formally defined
     class. The 'Classes' argument is the character vector used as the
     'class' attribute; in particular, if there is more than one
     string,  old-style class inheritance is mimicked.  Registering via
     'setOldClass' allows S3 classes to appear  in method signatures,
     and as a slot in an S4 class if a prototype is included.

(2) This question may be more appropriate for r-devel?

HTH,

--
David