[R] Standard errors of the predicted values from a lme (or lmer)

Fränzi Korner fraenzi.korner at oikostat.ch
Mon Jun 4 10:40:31 CEST 2007

Dear Dieter,

sorry for not being more specific. I would like to use R to get a prediction
(with standard error) of the response in a mixed model at selected values of
the fixed-effects factors. Hence, in a mixed model, say, for response body
size with, say, fixed factors sex and age, I would like to get a prediction
of size for each sex and at selected ages such as 5, 10, 15; and I want a SE
for that prediction as well.

This can be produced in the GenStat package using the VPREDICT directive or
for lme-objects by predict(lmeresult, newdata, se=TRUE), but I have not
found out so far how predictions for the response under a mixed model in R
can be obtained.

Thanks for all,

kind regards  --