[R] random numbers selection - simple example

Jenny Barnes jmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 16:30:44 CEST 2007

Dear R-help,

Which random number generator function would you recommend for simply picking 15
random numbers from the sequence 0-42? I want to use replacement (so that the
same number could potentially be picked more than once).

I have read the R-help archives and the statistics and computing book on modern
Applied statistics with S but the advice seems to be for much form complicated
examples, there must be a simpler way for what I am trying to do?

If anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate your advice and time,

Best Wishes,

Jenny

Jennifer Barnes
PhD student: long range drought prediction
Climate Extremes Group
Department of Space and Climate Physics
University College London
Holmbury St Mary