[R] Spectral analysis

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 23:34:21 CEST 2007

On 06-Jun-07 20:55:09, David LEDU wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am dealing with paleoceanographic data and I have a C14 time serie
> and one other variable. I would like to perform a spectral analysis
> (fft or wavelet) and plot it. Unfortunately I don't know the exact
> script to do this. Does anybody could send me an example to perform my
> spectral analysis ?
>
> I Thank you
>
> David

There are a lot of possible ramifications to your query,
but for a basic spectral analysis of a series you can use
the function spectrum() in the "stats" package.

What is the role of the "other variable"?

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861