[R] Display Multiple page lattice plots

rhelp.20.trevva at spamgourmet.com rhelp.20.trevva at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jun 7 11:40:41 CEST 2007

Gudday,

I am generating a series of lattice contourplots that are conditioned on a variable (Year) that has 27 different levels. If I try and put them all on one plot, it ends up pretty messy and you can't really read anything, so instead I have set the layout to 3x3, thus generating three pages of nine plots each. The problem is that I can't display all these on screen at once, because each subsequent page overwrites the previous one. I have found in the mailing lists how to print them to separate files without any problems eg.

      p<-contourplot(log10(x)~lat*long|Year,
                  data=data.tbl,
                  layout=c(3,3))
      png(file="Herring Distribution%02d.png",width=800,height=800)
      print(p)
      dev.off()

but there doesn't seem to be anything about how to output multiple pages to the screen... I suspect that I may need to use the page=... option in contourplot command, but I can't seem to make it work. Its a simple, and not particularly important problem, but it sure is bugging me!

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Cheers,

Mark