[R] Use R in a pipeline as a filter

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 15:15:47 CEST 2007

This is one of the things that 'Rscript' is for: see 'An Introduction to
R' (section B.4 in the HTML version,
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html#Scripting-with-R).

You haven't even told us your version of R or OS (see the posting guide):
you need R >= 2.5.0 for this.  But your 'example' would be

./generate-data | Rscript Script.R | ./further-analyse-data > result.dat

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk