[R] rlm results on trellis plot

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Fri Jun 8 15:23:03 CEST 2007

Alan S Barnett wrote:
> How do I add to a trellis plot the best fit line from a robust fit? I
> can use panel.lm to add a least squares fit, but there is no panel.rlm
> function.

  How about using panel.abline() instead of panel.lmline()?

fit1 <- coef(lm(stack.loss ~ Air.Flow, data = stackloss))
fit2 <- coef(rlm(stack.loss ~ Air.Flow, data = stackloss))

xyplot(stack.loss ~ Air.Flow, data=stackloss,
       panel = function(x, y, ...){
         panel.xyplot(x, y, ...)
         panel.abline(fit1, type="l", col="blue")
         panel.abline(fit2, type="l", col="red")
       }, aspect=1)

--
Chuck Cleland, Ph.D.