[R] system() and R BATCH

Meinhard Ploner meinhardploner at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 11:23:58 CEST 2007

If I start from within R a new R batch job by using something like

system("R CMD BATCH --no-save --quiet Rin.txt Rout.txt",
		intern=FALSE, ignore.stderr=TRUE, wait=FALSE, input=NULL)

the job runs fine and smooth.
However, when, for any reason, I put twice ctrl+C in the calling R,
it kills me the called batch job, too. This is not what I wanted. Ctrl
+C is usually rather used to stop a loop etc. Why it stops the called
batch jobs, too?

What can be the solution for me - avoiding the called batch jobs to
be killable from the calling R process?

Best regards
Meinhard

PS system: MacOS 10.4.9 Intel, R 2.5.0