[R] Textpad help

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 11 11:31:27 CEST 2007

Hi Mary,
You really have not given us much to go on.  An
example of the code that you were trying to run would
be a great help (as it says down below :  PLEASE do
read the posting guide. The point about code is
important.

However the first thing to check is your file path.
This is my first guess anyway.

Here is the entry in the R FAQ
----------------------------
As R uses C-style string handling, `\' is treated as
an escape character, so that for example one can enter
a newline as `\n'. When you really need a `\', you
have to escape it with another `\'.

Thus, in filenames use something like
"c:\\data\\money.dat". You can also replace `\' by `/'
("c:/data/money.dat").

I am not familiar with textpad but you might want to
have a look at tinn-r which is very closely integrated
with R as an alternative editor