[R] how to ignore error messages?

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 11 17:48:52 CEST 2007

Dear group:

I wrote a code to iterate a non-linear fit with a set of data. The entire
process didn't implemented to the end because an error message, "singular
gradient". I knew that some sub-sets (columns) do not fit my formula well
and may result in parameters going to infinity. It is pretty hard to remove
those sub sets before running the code since that will take a lot of time.

I added some logic assessments prior to running nonlinear fit. It helped
but some exceptions still existed. I am wondering if there is any way in R
by which I can continue to run the entire code to the end by ignoring the
error message?

Greatly appreciate your help,

Jianping

##################################