[R] Reading old S-plus dmp files

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:45:56 CEST 2007

I'm sorry that this question has been asked before but I ask it again because
in the archives I didn't see a solution. It's an old S-plus dmp file for a
hierarchical bayes linear model program written by DuMouchel and available
publicly and freely at:
ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/bayes-meta/hblm.dmp
Only problem is that it cannot be read in R, even using the functions of the
library foreign to read dmp files. Does anyone know a workaround, maybe
hints about what parts of the file need to be modified so that it can be
read. I have read the documentations of the program, it seems a very
interesting program, it's a shame that I can't read it. Thanks.